Saturday, April 21, 2012

Southeast Arizona Hummingbirds

By Luke Musher

Sorry for the long break in posting, everybody, but I've been super busy for the past two weeks driving across the country and getting ready for my next job, and Cory is swamped with his own work.  Neither Cory nor I are in Point Reyes anymore, but we'll be posting about our new jobs soon enough.  As you may know, Cory is at Whitefish Point Bird Observatory counting hawks for the spring.  I will be starting a job banding shorebirds on Delaware Bay for New Jersey Audubon starting Monday.  Until then, I have some great hummingbird photos to share with you from the day I spent birding in southeastern Arizona last week.  I only had a day there, so I only birded Madeira Canyon and Patagonia.  I did fairly well, seeing Broad-billed, Costa's, Anna's, Black-chinned, Violet-crowned, Magnificent, Broad-tailed, and Rufous Hummingbird, though only photographed a few species.  More photos of other birds from SE AZ to come.
Broad-billed Hummingbird, Santa Rita Lodge, Madeira Canyon, AZ
Broad-billed Hummingbird, Santa Rita Lodge, Madeira Canyon, AZ
Broad-billed Hummingbird (female), Santa Rita Lodge, Madeira Canyon, AZ
Violet-crowned Hummingbird, Paton's Yard, Patagonia, AZ
Broad-billed Hummingbird, Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve, Patagonia, AZ
Black-chinned Hummingbird, Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve, Patagonia, AZ
Black-chinned Hummingbird, Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve, Patagonia, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment